Foundation / Corporation
Hear the World Foundation
Grants and in-kind support to USA, Canada, and International organizations that are working to improve the quality of life and promote equal opportunities for people with hearing impairments. The Foundation is especially interested in supporting projects that help children reach their developmental milestones and realize their full potential in life regardless of their hearing loss.
Through these grants, the Foundation supports hearing healthcare services with a special focus on:
- Programs for parents and families
- Prevention of hearing loss
- Professional training
The Hear the World Foundation supports selected projects financially as well as through the provision of hearing aids, hearing aid batteries, FM-systems, audiological equipment, and professional expertise.
The Hear the World Foundation has high demands with regard to the sustainability, prospects of success and quality of the funded projects. Only seemingly sustainable projects have any prospect of support.
In order to be able to help as many people as possible, the Hear the World Foundation focuses mainly on projects that benefit groups of people.
- Projects to the success of which the beneficiaries themselves contribute.
- Projects that are integrated into local structures and cultures or that are firmly rooted in a scientific institution.
- Projects that are visualizable and presentable.
- Projects capable of being replicated in other places or under the aegis of other institutions.
GrantWatch ID#: 138387
Please note that the average funding amount per project is usually between CHF 5,000 and CHF 30,000.
The Foundation accepts applications globally.
- Projects that do not clearly fulfill the requirements of the Foundation.
- Requests from capital-related companies.
- Organizations or institutions already receiving support from another part of Hear the World directly related organizations.
- Contributions to political campaigns or projects or to organizations with high political exposure.
- Contributions to the basic financing of institutions and other foundations.
- Contributions to infrastructure.
- Contributions to meetings, congresses, and anniversaries.
- Student projects.
If you would like to submit an application for support, please complete the initial online inquiry form by January 31, 2018.
Should your project be of interest to the Foundation, a detailed application form will be forwarded to you, which you should then complete and return.
You will be informed whether or not the Hear the World Foundation can support your project by no later than mid-May.
More on the focus areas: https://hear-the-world.com/en/foundation/our-focuses
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application: http://hear-the-world.force.com/htw/application
For feedback or further information, please send an e-mail to: applications(at)hear-the-world.com.
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: American Samoa (USA) Guam (USA) Puerto Rico (USA) Virgin Islands (USA) Northern Mariana Islands (USA)
USA Compact Free Associations: Marshall Islands (USA) Republic of Palau (USA)
Canada: Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon
International country outside of the USA, Israel and Canada.