Libby Hikind is the founder of GrantWatch.com. Libby Hikind, first published NYC GrantWatch in 1999 as a weekly non-profit newsletter. She stopped publication in 2001, to run for City Council where she felt she could bring more funding dollars to NYC. After only winning the Democratic Primary election, she returned to teaching public school and continued her grant writing efforts on behalf of the non-profit community. Since retirement, Libby has worked to build GrantWatch.com. On a daily basis, Libby contacts grants' program managers, reviews numerous publications and adds new grants to the website.
Libby is also the president of PGWHC, Inc., a grant writing/development consulting firm that provides organizations with a means to develop new areas of funding in: education, disabilities, early childhood, special education, social services, employment, job training, youth, health, safety, entitlements, substance abuse, homelessness, environment, parenting, etc.
PGWHC, Inc, Professional Grant Writers & Health Consultants was first established in 1994, to provide the following services:
- Locating available federal, state, local and foundation grants and contracts.
- Completing needs assessments.
- Researching literature for best practices.
- Developing proposal plan.
- Writing proposal narratives and developing budgets.
- Negotiating budgets with grant officers.
- Monitoring quality assurance, evaluating programs, preparing evaluation reports.
- Broadening client base and increasing organizational capacity.
- Representing organizations at significant meetings.
- Curriculum development.
- Professional development for organization staff.
- Developing special projects and preparing special events.
- Planning, organizing and facilitating conferences.
- Marketing programs and developing organizational mail plan.
- Developing text and graphic design for brochures and public relations materials.
- Writing job postings and letters.
- Preparing minutes from board meetings, writing board resolutions.
- Preparing press releases and networking with the press for news coverage.
Libby Hikind has obtained more than 11 million in grant funding dollars. The most notable are:
PGWHC's clients includes hospitals, universities, schools, preschools, community based organizations and neighborhood coalitions.
Libby Hikind, has written both literacy and social studies NYC Department of Education school curriculum, scored the New York State English Language Arts and Math exams, participated in peer review committees for the United States Department of Education, authored four children's picture books, ran a successful primary election campaign for NYC City Council, served as a team leader for FEMA's Project Liberty and taught NYC Public School students for 29 1/2 years.
To contact Libby, please go to our contact page